It is a period of intensive running... Get the adrenaline, serotonin, endorphins buzz.
The longer, the faster, the better.
Prepare a 5K, 10K, Half Marathon, Marathon, Triathlon, Olympic Distance, Iron Man Competition.
Pain is temporary, Pride is permanent. Until the next race.
Go in for the killing!
- The best way to predict the future is to create it.
- Everyone is an athlete. The only difference is that some of us are in training, and some are not.
- Why should I practice running slow? I already know how to run slow. I want to learn to run fast.
- Life (and running) is not all about time but about our experiences along the way.
- Racing is the fun part; it's the reward of all the hard work.
- Champions are everwhere; all you need is to train them properly...
- To keep from decaying, to be a winner, the athlete must accept pain - not only accept it, but look for it, live with it, learn not to fear it.
- Winning is not about headlines and hardware [medals]. It’s only about attitude. A winner is a person who goes out today and every day and attempts to be the best runner and best person he can be… Winning is about struggle and effort and optimism, and never, ever, ever giving up.
- Get out there and do what you love!
- No matter how old I get, the race remains one of life's most rewarding experiences. My times become slower and slower, but the experience of the race is unchanged: each race a drama, each race a challenge, each race stretching me in one way or another, and each race telling me more about myself and others.
- A man can fail many times, but he isn't a failure until he begins to blame somebody else.
- If you train hard, you'll not only be hard, you'll be hard to beat.
- You find out by trial and error what the optimal level of training is. If I found I was training too hard, I would drop it back for a day or two. I didn't run for five days before the sub-four-minute mile.
- Success is a state of mind. If you want success, start thinking of yourself as a success.
- If you can't excel with talent, triumph with effort.
- The answer to the big questions in running is the same as the answer to the big questions in life: Do the best with what you've got.
- We all have dreams. In order to make dreams come into reality, it takes an awful lot of determination, dedication, self-discipline and effort.
- Anything is possible, but you have to believe and you have to fight.
- The world is divided into two kinds of people: runners and non-runners.